Sign my Guestbook!

Friday, March 7, 2008

Sharing the Love

This past Monday I went to a gathering of fellow Fiskateers (a paper crafting community) organized by May Flaum. It was great meeting May (she is so sweet!) and meeting local Fiskateers, even seeing people I know but hadn't seen in so long. We chatted, planned to meet again, possibly for a crop, and got some great goodies - what Fiskateer love!
Tuesday my 13yo had a zone band concert held at the high school. This time she played the tuba.


Wednesday we went to see the Dallas Brass perform. The Dallas Brass consists of 6 players - trombone, tuba, french horn, two trumpet players and one percussionist. I am not a really big fan of the big band sound, so I didn't have big expectations going in to watch this. My daughter received a free ticket from her band teacher, so my mom and I decided to go with her to watch them perform. I am so glad I did. They are such a talented group. They not only played fantastically (is that a word?), but they also talked about the history of music and some of the pieces they played. Did you know Benjamin Franklin played the guitar and harp? I walked away wanting to learn how to play a brass instrument. They truly seemed to enjoy what they were doing, and had such a love for playing musical instruments, and passing that love to the kids.
Thursday I went to the high school with my 13yo to register for high school. Oh joy. This is sometimes such a difficult age. Gotta remember - share the love, share the love.
Tonight I am going to a paper recycling plant with my 6yo for a Cub Scout field trip. Tomorrow my 13yo has another drumline competition that I will be going to. Sunday we leave for vacation. Right now what really sounds good when we go on vacation is sleeping in. We'll be going up the Oregon coast. Should have lots of pictures when we return.

No comments: