Sign my Guestbook!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Finished a pair of socks! Made these on a sz 2 circular. The pattern is Vog On, found on Ravelry, posted on Knitty. The yarn was a skein I bought at the Nestucca Bay Yarn in Lincoln City, Oregon. The colorway is Sunset. I really loved this yarn - no knots, nice and even. I love this pattern, too. Quick and fairly easy.

My daughter came home from school today and said she just found out that someone in her class has sheep. Sheep = wool = Mom, can you talk to his mom and see if we can get the wool from them so we can make our own yarn? Oh, I was dreading this moment. I saw it coming, and knew sooner or later we would want to try spinning our own wool. I just have no clue where to start. Maybe some of you can direct me. I just can't see spending the money to buy a spinning wheel (I'm thinking Sleeping Beauty here) much less where I'm going to put the thing. On the other hand, Syd will be moving out of the house in a year and a half.....

We're getting ready to start putting things up for sale on Etsy! I'll post the website when we have something up there. Took picture of my stitch markers this afternoon, along with those socks (foot model is mahvelous, don't you think? - it's my daughter. She obviously has small feet than me!).

1 comment: