Sign my Guestbook!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Something New

While at the Fair last Wednesday I found a local Spinners and Weavers Guild. On a whim I purchased a drop spindle. I was rushed last Wednesday (with a seven year old wanting to go on the rides, who isn't), but the lady I spoke to when I bought the spindle said I could come back and someone would teach me how to use it. I was back at the Fair today for the Make It With Wool competition that Syd was in and there was a wonderful lady who took the time to teach me to spin the wool with this spindle. This could be a good thing, or this could be a not so good thing. A good thing because I just LOVED doing this, but a not so good thing because I see myself falling in love with another hobby. My craft room is bulging at the seams as it is with craftiness. But it was soooo fun! Stay tuned...

And you wonder why you don't see more of my pictures!

My first attempt at spinning. I'm hooked!

No comments: