Sign my Guestbook!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Today is my wedding anniversary. 20 years! When I was younger I always thought that people who were married 20 years were sooooo old. Now I am one of those "old" people! We celebrated our anniversary last weekend by taking a little out of town trip. We drove to Sacramento for the weekend. We didn't really do much in the way of going places, but it was so nice to relax and spend time just the two of us. I don't think we do that often enough,

I did get to go to a yarn shop. Filati Yarns, in Rocklin. Here locally I've only been to one store that is on the small side, which made the yarn store in Rocklin seem oh so huge to me. I kept my purchases to a minimum, but I want to come back soon, this time with my daughter who also knits. I stayed away from sock yarn because I have enough now to make several pairs of socks. They carry Koigu and Lorna's Laces, both of which I want, want, want! I bought some yarn to make another purse, and a scarf for my daughter.
I finally finished one of the Diamante socks. I had such a hard time with this pattern that I'm afraid my friend will only receive one socks for Christmas. I don't know what it was because the pattern is not that difficult, but I had a heck of a time with it. I was never so glad to finish a sock. I really want to start another sock in another pattern, but I need to force myself to finish the second one. Maybe I'll put both on hold and go on to making my next purse. I love those purses, they knit up in such a short time. Instant gratification, that's what it's all about. She-knits had a good podcast recently. It was about knitting only what you love. I guess I can apply it to my housework, too. Must be why I am on the computer right now instead of working on the ginormous pile of laundry I have. Hey, I'm doing what I enjoy, right?!
Speaking of enjoying, I LOVE Ravelry. If you're on Ravelry, look me up - I'm stitchnscrap. Like I said before, I could easily spend way too much time on the computer.
Until next time . . .knit on!

1 comment:

C. said...

Wow! 20 years! I still remember your wedding so you cannot feel that old ;)