Sign my Guestbook!

Friday, October 19, 2007

Life is Good



There's nothing like getting Boo'd to get you into the Halloween spirit. On Monday night we found a bag of goodies left on our doorstep with a note that said "You've been Boo'd." It was so much fun to go through the goodies, and it's so nice to know that someone thought of you to deliver the goodies to. Tonight - hopefully - we are going to drop off two BOO bags to friends and neighbors. My kids have a great time with this - the only time other than Christmas that I give them the go ahead to doorbell ditch.


I have really been in a crafty mood this month! This is a good thing, but also a not so good thing. It's a good thing because I get things done. It's a not so good thing because I usually want to try out NEW crafts to do, which means I spend money at the craft stores. My newest venture is making stitch markers. I'm the kind of person who sees something cute and thinks, I can make this myself. Sure, I can make this myself, but at what price? Let me tell ya, I have certainly spent more money on supplies making these stitch markers than I would have had I just bought some on etsy. But I had fun making them, and I think they turned out ok. The larger markers fit on my size 13 needles for the bags I've been knitting from she-knits. What do you think?


On my needles I have a scarf I am making for E as a Christmas present. It's the skull scarf from knitty.com. It is knit in two parts and is felted. I have one part made, and about halfway through the other part. Yes, another Christmas present almost done!
As the weather turns cooler and the days get longer, one of my favorite things to do is get up early when everyone else is sleeping, fix myself something warm to drink, and browse through my Christmas craft books. I have a collection that I started buying back before I was even married. Some crafts/recipes I have tried, more others I have not. The books are older, but they always bring back memories for me. I am posting a recipe for a spiced tea. You can make it as is, or omit the tea for a hot drink that is still great. You can even grate a little fresh nutmet or sprinkle a little cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
Spiced Tea
2 c. Tang
2 c. sugar
1/2-1 c. instant tea
1 large pkg. powdered lemonade
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container. When ready to use, put 2 tsp. or more to 1 c. boiling water.

No comments: