Sign my Guestbook!

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ravelry - I'm In! - And how do you Felt?

Well, after waiting since July, I have officially joined Ravelry. Now I am starting to see what all the talk has been about. The only downside I can see is spending too much time on the computer. This is going to be so much fun!

I finished my felted bag (the Pipes and Braid bag from http://www.she-knits.com/) . Now looking at it, I wonder if I should have felted it a little more. I think it will be okay though. When I ran it though the washing machine I forgot to see how long I set the cycle for. I think I went on automatic pilot and set it for how long I usually wash clothes for. I used a regular pillow case and just knotted the top, and used a hot wash, cold rinse cycle. I will say I loved this pattern. The directions were easy to understand, and it knit up so quickly.

When my daughter made pot holders last week we didn't want to put such a small amount in the washer, so I tried felting them by hand. I am not a patient person, so when it didn't work after a few minutes, I put some hot water in my Kitchen Aid bowl, stuck the potholders in it, then felted them with the Kitchen Aid, using the dough hook attachment. What can I say, it worked.
The cooler weather here is really getting me in the mood to knit. Last night it actually snowed! If that's not a sure sign to get those needles out for me, I don't know what is!

1 comment:

Sheknits said...

wellllll you know I love it...and others do as well...you have inspired a bunch of people to add there own ideas and THAT is what creativity is all about YAY for you!!!!!