Sign my Guestbook!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


We're home now, after a fun night of trick-or-treating. Took my youngest out with his cousins. My oldest went to a friend's house to watch movies and my middle stayed home to pass out candy. By the time my kids have kids I wonder if anyone will trick-or-treat anymore. It has changed so much from the time I was young. Used to be we were dropped off and a bunch of us went out without any parents. Now I wouldn't dream of letting them go alone at the age I went. I love seeing all the fall/Halloween decorations out, and I especially love the people who answer their door and make a big to-do over the kids' costumes. I will remember that, and I think my son will, too. Tonight he said he got so much candy because of his costume, so I'm sure he was thinking of the people who mentioned who he was dressed up as - Jengo Fett from Star Wars. Tonight I will go to bed thinking of the memories that have been made with each of my children. I always want to be with all of them on holidays, but as they grow up I know I can't. I miss that. Maybe that's why I take so many pictures, to try to capture those memories on film. When all my children have grown and left, I will still have the photos to remember these times by. I can wait for that day.

No comments: