Sign my Guestbook!

Sunday, February 10, 2008

I've Been Bitten - By The Motivation Bug





Do you know how good it feels to feel creative again? Seems like I'm always thinking of things to do in my head, but to actually get some of it done requires motivation and a thought process I don't always have. Well, lately I have really been motivated to work on my projects, and I must admit, most of those projects involve scrapbooking. I've been making cards, page layouts, even organizing my craft area.


I admit that I need serious motivation when I am in a slump. I have found my motivation in an online group that was formed by my local scrapbook store. It's called PAWS - a page-a-week-society. At the beginning of the month four challenges are given out, including product, life, photography and a sketch challenge (see below). I have become one of the moderators for this group, and knowing I am responsible for getting these challenges out to everyone by the first of the month has been very positive for me. I have personally met some of these ladies, and others I have gotten to know online. I know this sounds crazy, but when I make up a sketch, then see how these women use that sketch and make wonderful page layouts, well it just gives me goose bumps - the good kind! This is a local group (Reno, NV), but if you are interested, go to http://www.treasuredmemoriesreno.com/ to learn more about this group. I love it!









Yesterday I took the kids and dogs out geocaching. The weather was gorgeous - finally a sunny day on a weekend without snow - but the ground was very muddy. We must have looked a sight - there I am driving my family Suburban on dirt roads, letting the dogs out to run. My 6yo is screaming for me to let the dogs back in; he is thinking for some strange reason that I am going to leave the dogs. My two older kids did not want to go on this "family" outing, so are sulking in their seats. We finally stop at the first place, after slipping and sliding on the mud, and putting my Suburban in to 4-wheel-drive, and I realize that it's not the right coordinates. Back we all load in to the Subby, dirt and all, and driving to another location. This time it is the right place, and once the cache was found, my kids admit that they really did enjoy it - kindof. The view was awesome there. I need to go more often.
Later that afternoon I took my DD to the scrapbook store to get some cards from a swap I participated in. Then we went home, got the rest of the family and went out to dinner. Then it's back home for a quick bathroom trip, pile the kids back in the Subby, and head to the local high school to watch the play, "Peter Pan." We got back home around 9:00 and my dh asks if I've seen one of our dogs while we were out. Apparently she played a Houdini and escaped out of the back yard. She did this by chewing through the wood on the gate and squeezing, really squeezing her way out. As of tonight we have not found her, but we are hoping Animal Services picked her up. They are closed on Sundays, but we'll be visiting them tomorrow morning. This is the second night she's been gone, and even though we have two other dogs, it seems so quiet without her here. We're thinking positive thoughts!



No comments: