Sign my Guestbook!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

My Excuse For the Day


It's just too hot outside. That has been my excuse all day, actually all month. My family is tired of hearing me complain about it. It is 99 degrees outside right now, and tomorrow's forecast is 102. I have not even gone outside today. It's just too hot outside.


With being indoors, I have been able to work on some knitting. I have been working on the dishcloth KAL every day. Tomorrow is the last day. I can figure out what the design is, and I just love this idea. Knitting dishcloths with only knitting and purling is so relaxing for me. It's quick so you get to see the results in a short amount of time, and it's easy so there's no frustration.


The jigsaw socks are coming along well, too. The pattern it's making is so cool, and I love this color of yarn. I've even learned how to post pictures on the blogs. Hey, guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. I am officially a member of the jigsaw sock KAL. Carrie (socksinthecity.blogspot.com) sent me a very nice email. I still am amazed at the technology these days (makes me sound so old, doesn't it). I really enjoy listening to her podcasts, and looking at her blogs. She just seems like someone I'd like as soon as I met her.


Anyway, onto the scrapbooking side of my life. I am leaving for my retreat to Tahoe in four days!!! Am I ready? Of course not. Last night I worked the midnight madness crop (6:00pm - 1:00am) at my LSS. When I scrapbook I like to prepare power layouts so everything is ready when I actually sit down to crop. Last night I brought some pages to start the power layouts. I actually got them done, but that's all. If I don't get it done today, that's ok, I'll just stay up really late the night before I leave. If nothing else in my life, I have become a pro at procrastination. That's when I do my best work - last minute.


Tomorrow we are driving to Tahoe to take our DD13 to band camp. She'll be gone until Saturday. She's really looking forward to it. Of course, as a mom, I will worry about her. Quite a few of her friends are going, so I know she'll have fun


I think I'll venture out into the hot desert, otherwise known as my back yard. Those zucchini that need to be picked are calling out my name.

No comments: