Sign my Guestbook!

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Addicted, Obsessive Compulsive - oh my!

I've recently taken up a new hobby: knitting socks. Who knew socks could be so much fun? Who knew socks could take up so much of my time?! Well, with the way I am obsessed with scrapbooking, to those who know me it should come as no surprise that this new hobby has taken over. I find myself waking up and thinking about knitting. I bring my socks to knit at work. I knit whenever I have waiting time - like at my son's dentist yesterday. I was actually happy that it took over an hour for his appointment, because that meant more knitting time for me. I bring my yarn everywhere. Heck, I even tried knitting while waiting for the light to turn green - in the driver's seat. I know - bad, bad.

This week my two oldest are at camp, and that leaves just one home. I finished a sock and actually cast on another last night. I have started listening to podcasts, and there is a really good one I like to listen to, socksinthecitypodcast.blogspot.com, and she is having a knitalong. I have emailed her to join because it sounds like fun. I have never participated in a knitalong, but the pattern for this one is more than just knitting up. There is an actual pattern to it that will challenge me. I am hoping I can keep up, and not get frustrated. Right now I am thinking that because I'm new to sock knitting I'm not ready for this pattern, but I'm gonna go for it.

Today at lunch my fortune cookie read "Don't underestimate yourself." Just what I needed today! I think I'll go work on those socks...

No comments: