Sign my Guestbook!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

This morning I went to a class to learn about jewelry making, gardening, and freezer meals. Crafts, food and menu planning. Three of my favorite subjects! This was one of a series of classes put on through my church on subjects similar to these. For the jewelry section we made bracelets. The one I made was green and orange, in honor of the Fiskateers group I'm in. I love the colors. This is my daughter modeling it.

The freezer meals we sampled were breakfast burritos, egg and muffin sandwiches, chicken quesadillas, Avocado Dip, and chocolate chip cookies. All of the food was yummy! I really like the idea of making food ahead of time and freezing it. It really cuts down on the prep time, especially for us at dinnertime. If you'd like any of these recipes, just comment or email me and I'll get them to you.
*
The gardening section was so informative. Who knew I should be preparing my soil right now? I am not much of a gardener but have always wanted to learn more. I can't wait to try all these new ideas on my vegetable garden this year. Now, if I could only get my peach tree to thrive in this Northern Nevada climate. . .

No comments: