Sign my Guestbook!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

podcasts and projects

What a busy week it's been! Here's a quick summary of what we've done this week: DD's oral surgery to extract wisdom teeth, picking squash, high school registration, first Cub Scout meeting, First Grade homework, picking squash and beans, 911 call for my mom (she's fine, had a heavy nosebleed), band practice, picking squash and cucumber, son learning to ride a two wheel bike. . . and did I mention we have squash?

In between that I did manage to finish my jigsaw socks! I love this yarn, the color and the way it feels. I'll take a picture and post it hopefully tomorrow. I found a pattern on the internet (www.craftown.com) for a child's sock. They are for my son and we are calling them his Spiderman socks. He picked out the yarn for this and it reminded him of Spiderman. It's a striping yarn that has black and red, yellow, green and blue stripes. It's Regia yarn 75% wool, 25% polyamide, whatever that is. It does feel rougher then what I have been working on, but once it's knit up, it's not bad.

I haven't really done much scrapbooking this week. I have been attempting to organize my craft desk a little at a time, and I do mean a little at a time. I did manage to put away most of the supplies I had taken with me to Tahoe.

Something fun I've been doing is looking up podcasts and listening to them, usually when I am knitting. I really should be listening to them while I am on the treadmill, but apparently the treadmill hasn't been calling my name loud enough to hear over the noise of our household of five. Here are a few I have been listening to: socks in the city (www.socksinthecitypodcast.blogspot.com) - Carrie talks about different yarns for knitting socks, and lots of other things pertaining to sock knitting. She also has an Etsy shop (www.etsy.com), and her store is under dharmafey. lime & violet (these gals are crazy-fun), she-knits podcast (www.she-knits.com) - seriously, she has 7 kids and finds time to knit! and sticks & string podcast (www.sticksandstring.com.au) - this is one I started listening to. I just really like the sound of his accent! Plus a guy who knits, how awesome is that!

Well, I don't have much in the way of a list on what I want to do this week. I'd love to finish those Spiderman socks. I'm working at the scrapbook store this Saturday so I may get to see what, if anything is new in the scrapbook world! I've been thinking about Christmas - you know it's only about 19 weeks away. Start making your list.

No comments: