Sign my Guestbook!

Sunday, August 26, 2007

My List

School starts tomorrow. It is after 10:00 pm here and the house is so quiet. All the kids are in bed and - I think - asleep. Starting tomorrow I will officially have all three kids in all day school. The last time our two oldest were in all day school I got pregnant with our youngest. It's a joke around here that I tell about our kids being in school and NO! I am not pregnant! Although if I knew I was going to have three children and was younger, I might have gone for a fourth. Five in a family is just an odd number. Think about it. Lots of rides at amusement parks are for two people. You can't pair up evenly with five. Four people fit much easier in a smaller car than five (thus the SUV we bought a few years ago). That's ok though, I love having a family of five, too.



Some of my mom's family are in town. We had a big barbeque at my mom's house last night. Two of her sisters are here and her niece. We had more family over last night, too. It was fun, but I arrived a little late because I worked at the scrapbook store yesterday. As soon as I got there it was time for dinner, and then it seemed that everyone left shortly after that. We've decided that we need to have these get-togethers on a regular basis. I've thought of having theme dinners when we get together. Any ideas out there? I'd love to hear them. This would be new to me, so I'd love any help I can get.



Before any kind of get together, though, I NEED to get my craft room organized! The craft room is now called the crap room, because it seems to be the room where all the stuff you don't know what to do with gets stuck. Yes, a lot of it is mine, so I need to get working on that. That is high on my list of things to do when the kids are at school and I have a day off. I think I'm going to work on it, and then reward myself when I'm done by spending a day at the scrapbook store and cropping all day with no interruptions.



I've started a new pair of socks - again. I'm working with a striping sock yarn by Cascade Yarns in a superwash. The colors are similar to Gryffindor's colors from the Harry Potter books/movies. I got it at my lys. I also recently bought some yarn through Etsy. It is yarn from Fearless Fibers, superwash Merino colorway Midnight Passion, which is shades of purple. I love the yarn. I I have an idea for this, but I'm not going to mention what it is because it is for Christmas and you just never know if that person might happen to lurk here! You can check out her Etsy shop at: http://www.fearlessfibers.etsy.com/ She has some delicious looking yarn. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I am getting a little sock crazy. After this pair is done I want/need to go on to something different. Something easy, something quick. Any suggestions?



On my list of things to do this week are. . . First, you should know about my list. It is a big white erase board on which the left side I write down things that need to be done around the house - basically chores. On the right side of the list I write down the things I'd like to do once the list on the left is finished. As I am finished with that chore/project, I erase it. Rarely does the whole left side get totally erased, and even more rare is the total erasure of the right side. This week on the left side of my list I will have to add working on my craft room and go through the paperwork on my computer desk (it is pushed next to my hard drive, and is slowly taking over and becoming bigger than the tower!). On the right side of the list I need to add: work on my current socks, and make at least one, and clean the scrapbook junk off of the treadmill. Even though this has the five letter word "Clean" in it, I am still putting it on the right side of my list, because believe it or not I do enjoy cleaning my scrapbook stuff. I just spend more time making it a mess than I do cleaning it. Once the treadmill is cleared, I will have to add "Exercise" to the....left side of the board.



Enjoy the last week of August!

No comments: