Sign my Guestbook!

Friday, April 24, 2009

Erin and I are taking a cake decorating class at Michael's. What fun, I thought. I'm a kinda creative person, I should take to cake decorating like I've taken to other crafts, right? Oh, noooooooo. After three classes I have decided that I am definitely not a cake decorator. I didn't even take pictures of the first cake I made. Looks like I'll just have to stick to scrapbooking. And knitting. And card making. And crocheting. And...
I made two cakes - one for each of us. We had to frost them before the second class. Our first class the teacher gave us a lot of information and went over what we would be doing.
I landed up having to make four batches of frosting - that's 16 cups of powdered sugar! My kitchen was a disaster and I never could get the frosting smooth.

Class #3's results. I now have a lot more respect for cake decorators. This takes a strong, steady hand, and other things which I obviously don't have.

2 comments:

Laramie said...

Sounds like great fun. Used to decorate cakes at Baskin Robbins. Seems like a life time ago.

Faye's Crafti Corner said...

Great job Arleen, I love what you both did.

Hey I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award. Go to my blog, cut and paste the logo and to do list on your blog and complete the questions. Have fun
Faye :)