Sign my Guestbook!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Reno Cropapalooza 2008

What an awesome time we had at the Cropapalooza! It was held last weekend at Lawlor Events Center in Reno. I arrived around 8:30 on Saturday morning to help set up a little. Then classes kept me busy until later in the afternoon. For some reason I wasn't planning on being so busy that day, but I loved it. I took classes from Technique Tuesday, Fiskars, and Bazzill. In the Technique Tuesday class we worked with the Tile Toppers, made a 12x12 page and a card. In the Fiskars class we made a 12x12 page layout using the Ultra ShapeXpress. We got to use Bazzill's In Stitch'z products in their class, making a 12x12 page and a card. Now I know what to do with that prepunched Bazzill paper. These teachers did such a wonderful job. That's the thing I really love about classes - getting to sample all of these products and try out new ideas. Good for them, of course I want one of everything!
Just the classes would have been good enough for me, but they also offered make and takes. In addition to make and takes being offered by these three companies, Crate Paper also had a make and take for us to do.
All good things must come to an end, so Sunday I packed up my stuff and came back down to real life. I hadn't seen my family much all weekend so it was good to spend the afternoon/evening with them.
I left Cropapalooza with an armful of projects and free goodies. I saw old friends, met new friends and realized that for me, scrapbooking is therapy. Unfortunately, it doesn't cure the common cold, which is what I now have.
I'll leave you with pictures of the most fun I've had in a while. Enjoy!
Showing off our pages that Mary from Technique Tuesday taught us
Amy and I with Joey from Bazzill paper
Showing off Bazzill's make and take
Angela Daniels from Fiskars (Fiskateer #9!)
\
Two-sided photo frame (a covered canvas board - cute idea!) from the Fiskars class
Another Fiskars project - we used the Ultra Shape Xpress 5ool 5o cut the waves
Tami, you rock! - Shut the front door!
I love making these buttons. Too bad I jammed up the machine.
Pieces of Flair
Heidi, I mean Angela Witch. She made this costume, isn't it too cute?!
Goodies from Fiskars
Making my recipe swap pages. I almost have them finished. I used the idea from the Bazzill make and take project
Table B - my table
Kathy and Crissy - a HUGE part of Cropapalooza. We love you two!
Amy and Lisa showing off their "What Would Tonna Do" button. Don't even ask me.

Ok, after scrapbooking for two days, you get a little loopy

















1 comment:

Faye's Crafti Corner said...

Arlene,
It looks like a fabulous time. Sorry I missed it but alas the MOUSE called and off to Anaheim I was. LOL
F